Скачать 419.14 Kb.
Name: Vladimirescu I. Mihai Valentin
Date and place of birth: 22.06.1977, Craiova-Romania
Phone: (40 – 754) 20 12 16
University of Craiova
Faculty of Orthodox Theology
- Vice-Dean – Titular PhD Senior Lecture – History & Bible Studies Department
1. Council of the Faculty of Theology in Craiova
2. Society of Biblical Literature, Atlanta, USA
3. American Academy of Religion, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4. European Association of Biblical Studies, Götingen, Germany
5. American Schools of Oriental Research, USA
6. Association of Biblical Philology and Hermeneutics in Romania
7. The European Higher Education Society, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8. European Distance and e-learning Network, Budapest, Hungary
9. Romanian Association of Religious Studies, Rome, Italy
10. The Society of Young Academics in Romania, Timişoara
11. The Cultural Association of Romania-Israel Friendship
12. International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies
13. Association of the Alumni of the University of Craiova
Responsibilities within the Faculty of Theology in Craiova:
- Chairman International Relations
- Member of the Commission for Scientific Research and Doctorates
- Member of the Commission for Quality Management
- Member of the Commission for the validation of the professional results obtained by the students who perform stages of study or practice in European universities
- Coordinator of the Biblical Workgroup of the Faculty
- Coordinator of the “Haralambie Rovența” Laboratory of Biblical Studies
- Correspondent editor at “Studii Teologice”, the journal of the Faculties of Orthodox Theology in the Romanian Patriarchy
- Editor at “Mitropolia Olteniei” Review
- Member of the editorial committee of the journal “Arhivele Olteniei”
- Member of the editorial committee of the Sociological University Review, appearing under the patronage of Oltenia Social Institute
- From 2008 – Executive editor of ROOTS journal – Romanian Orthodox Old Testament Studies
- From 2011 – Expert of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) – European Commission
- From 2008 – National evaluation expert CNCSIS (Nationa Council of Scientific Research in Higher Education)
- From 2008 – National evaluator ARACIS (Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education)
- National Evaluator – AFCN (Administration of the National Cultural Fund)
- 2009 – Evaluator at the Ministry of Education, within the National Center for Scholarships for Abroad Studies, in the field of Theology
- High school “Fraţii Buzeşti” Craiova, class of Mathematics and Physics, with the following results:
- Average score of the four years of study: 9.50
- At the Baccalaureate exam in June 1996 I obtained an average score of 10.
- I participated in the following Olympiads:
- 10th grade: French Language (County level) – 2nd prize
- 11th grade: French Language (County level) 1st prize
- In September 1996 I was admitted at the Faculty of Orthodox Theology in the University of Craiova, specialization Pastoral Theology. At the admission exam I obtained the average score of 10.
Average scores of the four years of study:
1st year – 9.92
2nd year – 9.91
3rd year – 9.92
4th year – 10.00
Phd in Theology, with the thesis “The Importance of the Archaeological Discoveries in the Middle East in the past 30 years (1970-2000) for the Study of the Old Testament” (in Romanian), at “Dumitru Stăniloae” Faculty of Orthodox Theology in the “A.I. Cuza” University of Iași. The thesis was prepared under the coordination of Fr. PhD Prof. Petre Semen.
Participation in scientific events
- 7th International Consultation of Orthodox Theological Schools, St. Petersburg Theological Academy, Russia, 20-26 January, 1999.
- The Crisis of the Contemporary Judaism, International Conference-Noah’s Ark; Jewish-German Concepts of Culture, 14-16 November 2000, Jerusalem.
- L’étymologie du mot judéen, Culture is a Stanger in language, 4-7 December 2000, Tel-Aviv
- Young from Craiova in the Holy Land (in Romanian), 5 May 2002, event organised by the Centre for Studies and Research of the History, Culture and Civilization of the Jews in the South-East of Europe. I presented the paper “The Temple of the Book in Jerusalem” (in Romanian).
- Combating terrorism. An interreligious summit, 25 June 2003, Mishkenot Sha’ananim, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Colloquium Biblicum Lovaniense, 23-25 July 2003, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, where I presented the conference: “The Soteriological Actuality of Peter’s Epistle” (in French).
- Symposium on Mediterranean Archaeology, 20-22 February, 2004, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland, where I presented the conference „The future of biblical archaeology”.
- Translating with Computer-Assisted Technology. Changes in Research, Teaching, Practice and Evaluation. The Bible in the Age of Technology, University of Rome „La Sapienza”, 14-16 April 2004.
- The Student National Symposium 2004, organised by the “1 December 1918” University of Alba Iulia, as a coordinator of student Mihai Ciurea’s paper: “The Relation between the Antiochian Church and the Mother-Church in Jerusalem, in the First Christian Century” (in Romanian). The paper received the Excellence award.
- Tradizioni religiose e istituzioni giuridiche del popolo sardo: Il culto di San Costantino Imperatore tra Oriente ed Occidente, VII Seminario Internazionale di studi, Sedilo-Orsitano-Sassari, Department for Law Sciences, University of Sassari, Sardinia, Italy, 5-7 July 2004, where I presented the conference “Saint Constantine the Great in the Spirituality of the Romanian People” (in French).
- The Student National Symposium, 22-23 April 2005, organised by the “1 December 1918” University in Alba Iulia, as a coordinator of the paper “The Beginning of the Signs. Cana of Galilee” (in Romanian), by student Mihai Ciurea. The paper received the Excellence award.
- European Association of Biblical Studies, Annual Meeting, 8-13 August 2005, Dresden, Germany.
- Inter-confessional Symposium “The Bible – Fundament of the Christian Unity” (in Romanian), 19 October 2005, University of Craiova. I presented the paper “The Origins of the Hebrew Biblical Text” (in Romanian).
- The Colloquium “Le culte des images”, University of Geneva, 13-14 November 2005.
- “Quality Assessment in Institutions of Higher Education in Europe: problems, practices and solutions”, University of Pavia, Italy, 23-25 March 2006.
- The International Forum “Université et Francophonie: innovation, mobilité”, 27-28 March 2006, Iași, Romania.
- The Student National Symposium 2006, organised by the “1 December 1918” University in Alba Iulia, as a coordinator of the paper “The Unified Israelite Monarchy”, by student Cristian Angel Stăiculescu. The paper received the Excellence award.
- Second Consultation of the Theological Faculties in Europe, Graz, Austria, 6-9 July 2006, organised by the Conference of the European Churches, in cooperation with the Faculty of Catholic Theology in the “Karl-Franzens” University of Graz. The main topic was: “The challenges of Theology in a Pluralistic Europe”.
- Conference of Orthodox Religious Education 28 July – 2 August 2006, Valamo Lay Academy, Finland.
- Word’s Religions after September 11. Could the religion be a force for good? Global Congress, Montreal, Canada, 11-15 September 2006, where I presented the conference “Promotion of interreligious dialogue”.
- Ultimate purposes of theological and scientific understandings as explored in cosmology, creation, eschatology, International Conference with the support of the John Templeton Foundation, 8 - 12 November 2006, Moscow, Russia.
- Integrating spirituality and organizational leadership, Faculty of Management Studies - New Delhi University and USA School of Global Leadership and Entrepreneurship, New Delhi, India, 8-10 February 2007.
- International conference „Religion on the Borders”, Stockholm University, Sweden, 19–22 April 2007, where I presented the conference “The future of theological studies in Europe”.
- The Messianic Consultation “Comfort, comfort My people” (in Romanian), of the Messianic Jews, at the Orthodox Monastery in Sâmbăta de Sus, 5-7 July 2007, where I coordinated the student group of the Faculty of Theology in Craiova.
- International Meeting of Society of Biblical Literature, University of Vienna, Workshop: “The Use of the Masoretic Accents”, 22-28 July 2007.
- Plurality and representation. Religion in education, culture and society, organised by EASR - European Association for the Study of Religions, 22-26 September 2007, Bremen, Germany, where I presented the paper “The challenges of religion in a pluralistic Europe”.
- The Symposium “Mehedinți – History, Culture, and Spirituality” (in Romanian), 9-13 September 2008, Drobeta Turnu Severin, where I presented the paper “The Status of Divorced and Remarried Priests in the Orthodox Church. Several Biblical and Canonical Aspects” (in Romanian), in collaboration with PhD Lecture Mihai Iulian Constantinescu.
- The Symposium “The Holy Scripture and the Holy Liturgy – Springs of the Eternal Life” (in Romanian), Iași, 13-15 October 2008, with the paper “The Holy Scripture – Living Spring of the Orthodox Theology” (in Romanian).
- 5-8 November 2008, University of Lahti, Finland, work meeting in the grant Entrepreneurial spirit improving European welfare
- 20-24 November 2009, New Orleans (USA), Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting.
- 7º Seminario Professionale sugli Uffici di Comunicazione della Chiesa, Church Communications: identity & dialogue, Pontificia Universita della Santa Croce, Rome, 26-28 April 2010, with the paper “The dialogue between Church and religious educators in a pluralistic Europe”.
- The National Symposium “Violence and Nonviolence Today” (in Romanian), organised by the County School Inspectorate Dolj, in collaboration with the Technical College “Ștefan Milcu” in Calafat, 17 April 2010, Calafat.
- The 3rd Consultation of Theological Faculties in Europe „Jeopardised or in demand? Academic Theology in Europe between Education, Science and Research“, 7th – 10th July 2010, Graz, Austria, with the paper “New perspectives on theological higher education system”.
- 28-29 October 2010: The Interdisciplinary Seminar of Biblical Studies “Explorations in the Romanian Biblical Tradition” (in Romanian), organised by the “A.I. Cuza” University of Iași, Department for Interdisciplinary Research in Humanities, Centre of Biblical and Philological Studies “Monumenta Linguae Dacoromanorum” and the Institute of Romanian Philology “Alexandru Philippide” in Iași, where I presented the paper “Difficulties in Translating the New Testament Syntagm ἀββα ὁ πατήρ” (in Romanian).
- 17-19 November 2010, Atlanta, USA, Annual Meeting of ASOR (American Schools of Oriental Research), where I presented the paper “Archaeology and Biblical Studies in Romania in the last century”.
- 20-23 November 2010, Atlanta, USA, Annual Meeting of SBL (Society of Biblical Literature).
Study and Research Abroad
- 2010, March: École biblique et archéologique française de Jérusalem, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2010, February: Károli Gáspár University of the Hungarian Reformed Church, Budapest, Hungary.
- 2009, February: Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- 2008, February: Documentation stage in Israel, as the Coordinator of the Biblical Workgroup of the Faculty of Theology in the University of Craiova.
- 2008, September: “On the Footsteps of Saint Apostle Paul: Salonika, Athens, Corinth” (in Romanian), documentation stage in Greece, as the Coordinator of the Biblical Workgroup of the Faculty of Theology in the University of Craiova.
- 2004-2005: Postgraduate studies at the Biblical Studies Department of the Faculty of Theology, Misericorde Catholic University, Fribourg, Switzerland, scholarship offered by the government of Confoederatio Helvetica.
- 2003, June: Study stage at the Hebrew University of Jerualem, Israel.
- 2002, September: Study stage at the Hebrew University of Jerualem, Israel.
- 2002, January-February: The courses Ulpan Horef of Jewish language and civilization, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2000-2001: Postgraduate courses within the department The Bible and Its History, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, scholarship offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel.
- 1999, August: The courses of the Greek language and civilization Summer School, at the University of Patras (Greece).
- 1998, July: The courses of the Greek language and civilization Summer School, at the Aegean University of Rhodos (Greece).
Member in the following grants:
1. 2006-2007 European Social Fund - VP/2004/05 - 4040202 - Creating an Observatory for Raising Awareness on the EU Social Inclusion Policy in the South-West Region of Romania. Organizing institution: the European Commission, General Directorate for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion.
2. 2006-2007 LEONARDO DA VINCI Reference Material - Creating an Observatory on Europe-wide TAQC (Transparency of Academic Qualifications and Competences) for Catching the MOLE (Mobility of Labour in Europe) and Filling in the GAP (Generalized Academic Policy). Organizing institution: the European Commission, General Directorate for Education and Culture.
3. 2006-2007 LEONARDO DA VINCI Reference Material - MISLEM – Developing meta-level indicators for establishing a systematic linkage between educational institutions and the labour market. Organizing institution: the European Commission, General Directorate for Education and Culture.
4. 2008-2010, member in the grant Entrepreneurial Spirit Improving European Welfare, 141958-LLP-1-2008-1-BE-ERASMUS-ECDEM.
5. 2009-2011 Manager of the project Intercultural Methods of Community Development, financed by ANPCDEFP through the Lifelong Learning Programme – Grundtvig.
6. 2009-2012 Member in the grant Monumenta Linguae Dacoromanorum, the Centre for Biblical and Philological Studies in Iași, with the following duties:
a) Translation from the Greek originals of the Biblical books of Jeremiah, Lamentations of Jeremiah, the Letter of Jeremiah, 2 John, 3 John, Judas.
b) Complex commentaries (historical, philological, biblical, patristic, translation issues etc.) for the biblical books of Jeremiah, Lamentations of Jeremiah, the Letter of Jeremiah, 2 John, 3 John, Judas.
7. 2009-2011, member in the grant “Development of Lifelong Learning Framework in Serbia“ 145010-TEMPUS-2008-RS-JPHES.
8. 2009-2010 Lecturer in the programme “Modernisation and Performance in th Local Public Administration”, code SMIS 3363, financed by the Ministry of Administration and Interior, through the Operational Programme – Development of the Administrative Capacity.
9. 2010-2013 Postgraduate research contract within the project of postgraduate programmes “The University Partnership in Research – a Step Forward towards a Postgraduate School of the Future”, contract POSDRU/89/1.5/S/61968.
10. Manager of the project “Consolidation, Restoration and Re-Functioning with the Capitalization of the Cultural Patrimony – the building in Brestei Street no. 24, Craiova”, Regional Operational Programme, Axis 5.1
11. Biblical Orthodox Dictionary, project initiated by the Romanian Patriarchy and coordinated by Fr. PhD Prof. Petre Semen.
12. 2011-2012, Expert in the project “The University – Innovation and Development Pole”, financed from the European Social Fund, POSDRU 2007-2013
13. 2010-2011, Expert in the project “Maximizing comparative advantages of the border regions”, project code MIS-ETC 408.
Known Modern Languages:
- French (read, write, speak) – very good
- English (read, write, speak) – very good
- Greek (read, write, speak) – good
- Modern Hebrew (read, write, speak) – very good
- Italian (read) – very good
Languages of study:
- Greek – very good
- Latin – very good
- Biblical Hebrew – very good
- The Award for Biblical Archaeology – International Book Fair, September 15-20, 2006, “Ovidius” University, Constanța.
- The Award of the “Mihai Eminescu” International Academy, for the year 2006, for theological research and studies.
- The Award “Bologna Professor”, offered by the National Alliance of the Student Organizations in Romania, December 6, 2007.
- Anniversary certificate for the year 2006 of the EDEN Network of Academics and Professionals, Budapest.
|Of Ljubljana, Faculty of Theology||Literature of Theology and Church History: British Theology|
|Annals of the university of craiova||Str. Vaslui Nr. 6, 200360 Craiova, Dolj, Romania|
|Responsibilities||Teaching and learning responsibilities|
|Division General Functions and Responsibilities||1. Which human rights (including corresponding responsibilities) should be protected and promoted?|