Скачать 1.36 Mb.
- Liaison from SETAC to start SETAC-Europe: 1987-1990
- Scientific committee for World Congress Lisbon, Portugal: 1993
- Annual meeting, June 21-28, Potsdam, Germany:1992
- Session Chair: Marine Pollution Issues First World Congress, Lisbon, Portugal: 1993 - Session Chair: Status & Trends of Bird Populations: The roles of contaminants
5th Annual meeting, June 25-28, 1994, Copenhagen
- Scientific Program Committee, 5th Annual meeting, June 25-28, 1994, Copenhagen
- Session Chair: Biotransformation. 7th Annual meeting, April 6-10, 1997, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Session Chair: “Biosensors for Environmental Monitoring”, 8th annual meeting, April 14-18, 1998, Bordeaux, France.
* SETAC-Europe, Russian Division
* SETAC-Pacific Rim
* SETAC Foundation for Environmental Education.
- Board of Directors: 1992-Present
- Chairman of the Board of Directors: 1992-1993
- Vice President of Board of Directors: 1994-1995
- President of Board of Directors: 1994-1995
- Vice President of Board of Directors: 1996-1999
* Society of Toxicology; Michigan Regional Chapter: 1984 2006.
Prof. Giesy has made 1,134 presentations. These include 515 to local, national and international meetings of scientific societies (See section on memberships in professional societies); 438 invited presentations to workshops and symposia and presented 206 invited lectures and seminars. He has served as program or session chair on 105 occasions at scientific meetings. He has been an invited participant at 271 workshops or symposia.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science:
(1) “Concentrations of Cd, Cu, Mn, Pb, and Zn in Fishes in a Highly Organic Soft Water Pond.” With J. G. Wiener. AAAS, Houston, Texas. 1978.
* American Chemical Society
(1) “Cadmium, Copper and Lead Binding Capabilities of Naturally Occurring Organics.” To: National Meeting, Miami, FL, 1978.
(2) “Anomalous Breakthrough of Benzo(a)pyrene during Concentration with AmberliteR XAD 4 Resin from Aqueous Solutions.” With P. F. Landrum. To: National Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, September, 1980.
(3) “Photochemically Activated Toxicity.” To: Great Lakes Regional Chapter Annual Meeting. Invited, plenary paper in special session, Environmental Update: Problems of the Great Lakes Region. May, 1984.
(4) “Polychlorinated Diaromatic Hydrocarbons in North Pacific Albatrosses: Contamination Exceeds Thresholds for Effects”. To: Pacific Chapter Annual Meeting, Dec. 1995. With J.P. Ludwig, C.L. Summer, and P.D. Jones
* American Chemical Society-Great Lakes Regional Chapter
* American Chemical Society-Pan Pacific Conference
(1) “Atrazine and Amphibians:Lessens Learned from Risk Assessment of Reproductive Effects.” With K. R. Solomon, J. Carr, R. Kendall, E.E. Smith, L.H. Du Preez and G. van der Kraak. To: 4th Pan Pacific Conference, June 1-5, 2008, Honolulu Hawaii.
* American College of Toxicology:
(1) “Effects of Planar Chlorinated Hydrocarbons on Fish, Fish-eating Birds and Furbearers in the Great Lakes Region”. Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, November, 1990. Invited.
* American Fisheries Society:
(1) “Frequency Distributions of Trace Metal Concentrations in Five Species of Freshwater Fishes.” With J. G. Wiener. Annual Meeting, Detroit. 1976.
(2) “Chemical Analysis of Fishes for Monitoring Trace Metal Contamination of Surface Waters.” With J. G. Wiener. 109th Annual Meeting, September, 1979.
(3) "Hepatic Enzyme systems as biochemical indicators of the effects of contaminants on chinook salmon reproduction". With G. T. Ankley and D. E. Tillitt. Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. September, 1988.
(4) "Detroit River sediment quality assessment by the Chironomus tentans bioassay". With C. J. Rosiu and R. G. Kreis. 118th Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. September, 1988.
(5) "Characterization of epidermal growth factor binding in hepatic plasma membranes of rainbow trout". With J. L. Newsted, 118th Annual Meeting, Toronto, Ontario. September, 1988.
(6) "Sediment toxicity evaluation using MicrotoxR and seven day Pimephales promelas larval survival and growth assays". With R. A. Hoke, G. T. Ankley and J. L. Newsted. 118th Annual Meeting, Toronto, Ontario. September, 1988.
(7) "Hepatic enzyme systems of biochemical indicators of the effects of contaminants on chinook salmon reproduction". With G. T. Ankley and D. E. Tillitt. 118th Annual Meeting, Toronto, Ontario. September, 1988.
(10) “Calibration of Biomarkers of Environmental Estrogen Exposure to Relevant Reproductive Endpoints”. With K.M. Nichols, V. Kramer, S. Pierens and S. Miles-Richardson. To: 127th Annual Meeting, Monterey CA, August, 1997.
(11) “Effects of Estrogenic Substances on Laboratory and Feral Fishes”. With P. D. Jones, S. A. Villalobos and D. L. Villeneuve. To: 129th Annual meeting, August 29-September 2, 1999, Charlotte, North Carolina. Invited
* American Fisheries Society Michigan Chapter:
(1) "The Histological and Biochemical Consequences of Subacute Cadmium Exposure: A Comparison of Methods for the Evaluation of Toxic Effects." With D. Versteeg. Annual Meeting. E. Lansing, MI. March, 1984. Invited.
(2) "Anthracene Phototoxicity in Sunfish: Dose/dose rate Response and Predictability in the Environment." With J. Oris. Annual Meeting, East Lansing, MI. March 19, 1984. Invited.
(3) "Toxicity of Detroit River Sediments." Annual Meeting, March, 1987. Invited.
* American Society of Mechanical Engineers:
(1) "The Use of Artificial Ecosystems in Ecological Research." National Meeting, November, 1977. Atlanta, Georgia. Invited.
* American Society of Limnology and Oceanography:
(1) "Growth Stimulation of the Green Alga Scenedesmus obliguus (Türp) Kutz by Humic Acids." 38th Annual Meeting. 1975.
(2) "Metals Associated with Dissolved Organic Carbon in Two Southeastern Streams." 39th Annual Meeting. 1976.
(3) "Metal Binding Capacity of Soft, Acid Organic Waters." 4Oth Annual Meeting. 1977.
(4) "Effects of Naturally Occurring Aquatic Organic Fractions on Cadmium Toxicity to Simocephalus serrulatus (Daphnidae) and Gambusia affinis (Poeciliidae)." With G. J. Leversee and D. R. Williams. 4lst Annual Meeting. 1978.
(5) "Metal Binding Capacity of Selected Maine Surface Waters." With L. A. Briese. lst Winter Meeting. 1978.
(6) "Cadmium and Zinc Accumulation and Elimination by Freshwater Crayfish." 2nd Winter Meeting. 1979.
(7) "Seasonal Variation of Phosphoadenylate Concentrations and Adenylate Energy Charge in Two Freshwater Clams." 43rd Annual Meeting. 1980.
(8) "The use of in situ floating microcosms to study decomposition processes in a southeastern blackwater stream." With M. Allred. 43rd Annual Meeting. February, 1980.
(9) "Effects of Dissolved Organic Carbon on Accumulation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons by Daphnia magna." With G. J. Leversee, T. Fannin and P. F. Landrum. 44th Annual Meeting, Raleigh, NC, June, 1982.
* American Society for Testing Materials (Section E.47):
(1) "Benzo(a)pyrene Kinetics in Several Laboratory Microcosms. 4th ASTM Symposium on Aquatic Toxicology." With G. S. Leversee, S. Gerould, R. Schloesser, J. Bowling, J. Haddock and S. Bartell. October, 1979.
(2) "Fate of Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Stream Microcosms: A Stimulation Model." 4th Symposium on Aquatic Toxicology and Hazard Assessment. With S. M. Bartell, J. P. Giesy, P. Landrum and G. J. Leversee. 1980.
(3) "Research Needs on Using Multispecies Tests to Assess the Effects of Chemicals on Aquatic Life." 8th Annual Aquatic Toxicology Symposium, Ft. Mitchell, KY. April, 1984. Invited.
(4) "Field Utilization of Clinical Measures of Xenobiotic Stress." With D. L. Versteeg and R. L. Graney. 10th Symposium on Aquatic Toxicology and Hazard Assessment. New Orleans, LA. May, 1986.
(5) "Using Flow Cytometric Techniques to Assess the Toxicity of Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS) and Atrazine to Algae." With W. Gala. 13th Symposium on Aquatic Toxicity and Hazard Assessment, Atlanta, GA. April, 1989.
* American Society of Zoologists:
(1) "The Effects of Nutritional Stress on Muscle Phosphoadenylate Concentrations and Adenylate Energy Charge of Surface and Cave Crayfish." Annual Meeting, Miami, FL. 1980.
* The Association for Canadian Studies in the United States (ACSUS):
(1) "Impact of Toxic Substances on Fish and Wildlife of Trans-boundary Aquatic Ecosystems." 20th Annual Meeting, November 20-23, 1991. Boston, Massachusetts. Invited.
(2) Panel Discussion "The Importance of an Interdisciplinary Approach to U.S. Canada Environmental Resource Management." 20th Annual Meeting, November 20-23, 1991. Boston, Massachusetts. Invited.
* Association of Southeastern Biologists:
(1) "Change in Adenylate Energy Charge of Corbicula fluminea (Pelecypoda) Foot Muscle Tissue due to Cadmium Exposure." With R. D. Bingham and C. S. Duke. Annual Meeting, Tuscaloosa, AL. 1978.
(2) "Effects of Cadmium on Adenylate Energy Charge in the Crayfish (Procambarus pubescens)." With C. S. Duke, G. W. Dickson, G. J. Leversee and R. D. Bingham. Annual Meeting, Tuscaloosa, AL. 1978.
* Beta Beta Beta, Alma College Chapter:
(1) "Effects of Automobile Exhaust on Forest Litter Invertebrates." North Central Regional Annual Meeting, Bowling Green, OH. With Arlan L. Edgar. Best Paper Award. 1970.
1* British Soil Science Society:
(1) “Perfluorinated Compounds in the Environment-A Novel Class of Environmental Contaminants”. To: Annual meeting, September 8-10, 2003, Aberdeen, Scotland. Invited, Plenary Keynote (Russel Lecture).
* Canadian Society of Chemistry:
(1) "Trace Metal Speciation of Wyoming Surface Waters." 7Oth Annual Meeting, Quebec City, Quebec. 1987. Invited.
(2) “Estrogenic Compounds in Aquatic Systems: In vivo and in vitro Methods for Monitoring for Exposure and Effects”. Symposium on Endocrine Disruptors, 8Oth Annual Meeting Canadian Society for Chemistry, May 31-June 4, 1997, Windsor, ON. Invited
* Central Great Lakes Regional Chapter, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry:.
* Chesapeake-Potomac Regional Chapter of SETAC:
(1) "Bioavailability of Lead by Swine: A Hazard Assessment of Midvale, Utah. Annual Meeting, June 7, 1991, Washington, D.C.
* Colonial Waterbird Society.
* Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky Regional Chapter of SETAC:
(1) "Accumulation of Chlorinated Hydrocarbons by and Their Effects on Wildlife of the Great Lakes Region". Annual Meeting, June 14, 1991, Cincinnati, Ohio.
(2) “Panel discussion on "Confronting Difficult Environmental Issues: Science and Regulation".
* Ecological Society of America:
(1) "Frequency Distributions of Cu, Zn, Ni, Cd and Pb in Populations of Five Freshwater Fishes." With J. G. Wiener, A. Harmon and L. A. Briese. ESA (AIBS), Annual Meeting, New Orleans. 1976.
(2) "Distribution Potential of Myriophyllum spicatum (Angiospermae, Haloragidaceae) in Soft water Systems." With L. A. Tessier. ESA (AIBS), New Orleans. 1976.
(3) "Effects of Stressors on Adenylate Nucleotide Concentration in Invertebrates." Annual Meeting with American Institute of Biological Sciences. With C. Duke, R. D. Bingham and S. Denzer. 1978.
(4) "Trace Metal Speciation in Southeastern Surface Waters. Special Symposium on the Limnology in the Southeast." With L. A. Briese. Annual Meeting with AIBS, Athens, GA. 1978.
(5) "Frequency Distributions of Essential and Nonessential Elements in Micropterus salmoides." With J. E. Pinder, III. Annual Meeting. August, 1979.
(6) "Implications of Southeastern Limnology for Trace Metal Movements and Effects." Aquatic Ecology in the Southeast, A symposium sponsored by the Southeastern Chapter of the Ecological Society of America, Augusta, GA. 1979.
|A. Organic chemistry is the study of carbon compounds||Environmental chemistry – I|
|教科書為Advanced Organic Chemistry: Part B: Reaction and Synthesis (Advanced Organic Chemistry / Part B: Reactions and Synthesis)||Литература. Андруз Дж., П. Бримблекумб, Т. Джикелз, П. Лисс. Введение в химию окружающей среды = An introduction to environmental chemistry: пер с англ|
Андруз Дж., П. Бримблекумб, Т. Джикелз, П. Лисс. Введение в химию окружающей среды = An introduction to environmental chemistry:...
|Cellular Toxicology is the third tutorial on toxicology produced by the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program of the National Library of||Toxicology Tutor II is the second of three toxicology tutorials being produced by the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program of the National|
|Volcanology, environmental remote sensing, and atmospheric chemistry||Chem 6v39: Organic Electronics (Special Topics in Organic Chemistry)|
|Analytical chemistry : a modern approach to analytical science / edited by J. M. Mermet, M||Faq on the paper: Biotic Self-purification of Aquatic Ecosystems|
Остроумов С. А. О биотическом самоочищении водных экосистем. Элементы теории. Дан. Доклады академии наук