Скачать 1.36 Mb.
* Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology: Manuscripts, 1985.
* Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry: 1Manuscripts, 1987, 1898, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 (3)
* Toxicology Letters: Manuscript Review, 2004
* Toxicological Sciences: Manuscripts, 1999-2000, 2003, 2004, 2005 (2), 2006 (3), 2007 (4), 2008 (2)
* US Civilian Research and Development Foundation: Grant Proposals, 2003
* US Dept. Agriculture: Proposals
(1) Water Resources Assessment and Protection Program: Grant proposals, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
(5) Soils and Soil Biology Program, 2001
* US Environmental Protection Agency: Reviewer, 2000
* US Environmental Protection Agency:
(1) Grant proposals, annually 1975 1988.
(2) Promotion of Research Scientist, 1998, 2002
(3) National Center for Environmental Research (NCER) research grants and Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contracts and Fellowship pre-applications. Reviewer 2005.
* United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation: Grant proposals, 2001.
* University of Aachen, Germany: External Examiner for Promotion, Biology Department
* University of Albany, SUNY: Review of Faculty for promotion: 1994
* University of Agriculture of Malaysia: External Assessor. 1990-1993.
* University of California - Davis, Ecotoxicology Program: External Review Panel. 1994.
* University of California - Riverside Environmental Sciences Program: External Reviewer for faculty search committee
* University of California -Santa Cruz: External reviewer for promotion and tenure, 1997
* University of Guelph: External examiner for Ph.D. Dissertation, 1998
* University of Helsinki: External Examiner, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2004
* University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: External Examiner, Executive Positions, 2008
* University of Toledo Internal Grants Program: Grant proposals, 1989.
* University of Toronto:
(1) Promotion and Tenure review, 2004
(2) Dissertation External Reader, 2008
* University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario: Promotion & Tenure Review, 1999
* University of the West Indies, Faculty Promotion and Tenure Review, 2008
* United States Conference of Mayors:
* Water Air and Soil Pollution: Manuscripts, 1996
* Water Quality Research Journal of Canada: Manuscripts, 2000
* Water Research: Manuscripts, 1976, 1979, 2000.
1 * Water Science and Technology: Manuscripts, 2003
* University of Wageningen, Graduate School of Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology, Wageningen, The Netherlands. Program review, 1999
* William and Mary University, Institute of Marine Science, Department of Fisheries Science, faculty promotion and tenure, 1998.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
* Oak Ridge Associated Universities Traveling Lecture Program, 1974 1980.
* Symposium Chairman; "Microcosms in Ecological Research," November 8 10, 1978.
* Section Coordinator; Review of "Quality Criteria for Water EPA," for American Fisheries Society, 1978.
* Session Chairman, "Energy and Environmental Stress in Aquatic Systems: Modeling Stresses and Heavy Metal Stresses," 1978.
* Instructor Oak Ridge Associated Universities, "Heavy Metals in the Environment," 1978.
* Session Chairman, "Environmental Chemistry and Cycling Processes: Elemental Cycling in Aquatic Ecosystems," 1976.
* Session Chairman, "Thermal Ecology Symposium," April 2 5, 1975, Augusta, Georgia.
* Great Lakes Fish Commission, Board of Technical Experts Advisory Panel on Fish Habitat Toxic Substances. 1982 1985.
* Scientific support coordination for oil and hazardous materials spills; NOAA, 1983 Present.
* Great Lakes Regional Seminar Committee for International Joint Commission: 1983 Present.
* Michigan Environmental Science Board. Advisor to Governor's office on environmental policy issues
* Michigan Governor's Conference on Toxic Substances in the Great Lakes Region, 1983 1984.
- Program Committee.
- Organizing Committee.
* Michigan State Needs for National Acid Deposition Program: 1983.
One of two representatives from Michigan to the national program.
* Scientist's Institute for Public Information, Media Resource Service. Makes scientific information available to journalists. 1983 Present.
* Instructor. Great Lakes Waters, Short Course for College Teachers: Michigan State University Continuing Education Program, December 4 6, 1983.
* Dioxins in the Environment Workshop: Michigan State University, Center for Environmental Toxicology, December 6 7, 1983, East Lansing.
* Delegate, participant in subsection on fate and Distribution of Dioxins in the Environment.
* NIH; Special Study Section, Natural products chemistry, July 1984.
* External Reviewer, Monsanto Company, Research program in "Biochemical Indicators of Stress in Aquatic Organisms," November 16, 1984, St. Louis.
* Freshwater Society National Environmental Health Network. Bush Foundation Resource Person, 1984 Present.
* Michigan Critical Materials Register Advisory Committee, 1985 Present.
* Michigan Sea Grant College Program, Visiting Lecturer, Program Toxic Substances in the Great Lakes, 1985 86.
* U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Expert Resources Inventory System (ERIS). Identifies expert consultants and expert witnesses for hazardous waste enforcement cases, 1984 Present.
* International Joint Commission.
* "Areas of Concern." Presentation to Commission on Bioassay Techniques. November 4, 1985, Detroit, Michigan.
* Objectives Evaluation Subcommittee of Programs Committee: Water Quality Board. 1988 1993.
* National Sea Grant Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. Site Review of Illinois/Indiana Program, January 26 28, 1987, Illinois.
* University of Windsor, Great Lakes Institute.
* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U. S. Department of Commerce. Steering Committee for Toxic Substances Research. October 22, 1986, Madison, Wisconsin.
* Fulbright Central Selection Committee, Bonn, West Germany, October 14 16, 1987.
* Ecological Information Network. Ecological Society of America program to provide expertise to United States Congress and other Groups. 1988 Present.
* U.S. Soviet Science exchange program. Host of visit of delegation from Scientific Secretary of the All Union Scientific Research Institute. November 1988, East Lansing, Michigan.
* Conference/Workshop on the Status of Knowledge, Critical Research Needs, Legislation and Development of Appropriate Technology for the Michigan Groundwater Quality Challenge, November. 10 11, 1988, East Lansing, Michigan.
* Indiana Academy of Science, Nov. 1988, Notre Dame, Indiana.
* "The Sediment Solution: Cleaning up Contaminated Sediment on our Great Lakes and North American Coasts". A binational conference by and for Researchers, Managers and Citizens sponsored by the Great Lakes United, the Lake Michigan Federation, US Environmental Protection Agency and Environment Canada. November 30 December. 3, 1988, Merrillville, Indiana.
* Michigan Act. 228 Site Review Board. Appointed by governor to serve on nine member panel to review applications for permits to locate facilities for the treatment, storage, or disposal of hazardous waste. 1989 1990.
* Toxicity/Chemistry Work Group of Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sediments Program established under section 118C of the Water Quality Act of 1987 to organize and oversee a five year demonstration program for the removal of toxic substances from the bottom sediments of the Great Lakes. US Environmental Protection Agency Great Lakes National Program Office. 1988 Present
* International Joint Commission/Council of Great Lakes Research Managers. Workshop on Cause Effect Linkages, March 28 19, 1989, Chicago, Illinois.
* Great Lakes Contaminants Information Exchange Program. 1989 .
* Objectives Evaluation Subcommittee of the Great Lakes Water Quality Board. The purpose of this committee is to develop criteria and methods for evaluating the impact of contaminants in the Great Lakes and to monitor progress of the US and Canadian Governments. 1989 1993.
* Michigan Public Health Policy Institute. 1989-Present.
* Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research: Fellow, 1989 Present.
* International Symposium on Aquatic Ecosystem Health, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, July 23 26, 1990. Organizing Committee.
* Michigan Earth Day – Lansing, Michigan Invited speaker at teach in "Trends in contaminants in the Great Lakes". April, 1990.
* Clemson University Institute of Wildlife and Environmental Toxicology. External Advisory Board. 1990-Present. Chairperson, 1992-1993, 1996-1999.
* Chairperson, External Review Panel. University of California - Davis Ecotoxicology Program - 1993.
* International Joint Commission. Round Table on Contaminant-Caused Reproductive Problems in Salmonids. Windsor, Ontario, September, 1990. Invited Delegate.
* Michigan Council on Environmental Quality, Science Advisory Board. 1990-Present.
* Canadian National Water Research Institute, Canadian Center for Inland Waters, Burlington, Ontario. "A Proposed Strategy for the Department of Biological Sediment Criteria". Invited Delegate. January 22-24, 1991.
* US-EPA. Sediment Quality Criteria Workgroup. 1992-Present.
* Testimony before staff of US House of Representatives. Discussion of control of estrogenic compounds in the environment. March 10, 1994, Washington, D.C.
* Estrogenic compounds in the Environment. A workshop sponsored by the Chemical Manufacturer's Association. May, 1994, Washington, D.C. Invited Delegate
* Program Reviewer, Tel Aviv University, 1994
* Program Reviewer, Ecotoxicology Program, University of California at Davis, 1994
* US EPA Environmental Research Lboratory-Cincinnati, OH. Program Reviewer, Biomarkers
* US Dept. Agriculture, Water Resources Assessment and Protection Program. Reviewer grant proposals. Annually, 1991-1998
* Saginaw Bay National Watershed Initiative, Bioconcentrated Chemicals in the Environment, Technical Steering Committee. 1994-1997.
* Research Institute of Toxicology (RITOX), University of Utrecht, The Netherlands: Expert Advisory Panel (Chairperson). 1994
* External examiner for Drs. A.T.C. Bosvelt, Research Institute of Toxicology (RITOX), University of Utrecht, The Netherlands. 1995.
* National Academy of Science/ National Rsearch Council: Committee on Hormone-Related Toxicants in the Environment. 1995-1997.
* External Reviewer for Pim Leonards Ph.D. Dissertation Committee, Department of Biology, Free University of Amsterdam. 1997.
* External reviewer of dissertation project proposal, WIMEK Institute, Wageningen, The Netherlands. 1998
* External reviewer for promotion and tenure. Telaviv University, Telaviv, Israel. 1998
* Opponent for Dissertation Defense of Helena Olsman, University of Örebro November 25, 2005, Örebro Sweden.
* Organizing committee for the 4th International Syposium on Persistent Substances. November 18-21, 2007, Beijing, China. Chinese National Science Foundation.
* Organizing committee for the 12th International Beijing Conference and Exhibition on Instrumental Analyses, October 18-21, 2007, Beijing China.
* Organizing committee for the Ecosummit-Beijing on Ecological Risk Assessment and Management of Persistent Toxic and Hazardous Pollutants. May 22-27, 2007, Beijing China.
COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES:
* Alma College:
(1) Career Consultant: 1982 1994.
(2) Arlan L. Edgar Endowment Fund Committee: 1986 1989.
(3) Alumni Board of Directors: 1988 1993.
(4) Board of Directors: 1993-1998
* Boy Scouts of America.
Eagle Scout, 1963.
Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity, 1967 1970.
Merit Badge Counselor: 1983 Present.
- Bird Study
- Fish and Wildlife Management
- Environmental Science
* Ducks Unlimited
- Red Ceder Chapter, East Lansing, MI, 1982-Present.
- Annual Banquet Committee.
- Chairperson of Speaker Committee
- Sponsor: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
* Williamston, Michigan Community Schools
- Science Day, March, 1990.
- Band Parents, 1989-1998
* Williamston Township
- Strategic Planning Committee for Development Plan. 1990 1991.
Professor Giesy has published 645 peer reviewed works: 3 theses, 7 books written, 8 books edited, 1 textbook chapter, 78 book chapters, 495 peer-reviewed open literature journal articles, 5 feature articles, 4 published reviews, 24 published reports, and 20 special reports.
THESES AND DISSERTATIONS:
(T 1) Giesy, J. P. 1970. The Effects of the Alma St. Louis, Michigan Metropolitan Area on the Benthic Organisms of the Pine River. B.S. Thesis, Alma College. 35 p.
(T 2) Giesy, J. P. 1971. Estimation of Bottom Area in an Artificial Stream, Using Phosphorus 32. M.S. Thesis, Michigan State University. 71 p.
(T 3) Giesy, J. P. 1974. The Effects of Humic Acids on the Growth of an Uptake of Iron and Phosphorus by Scenedesmus obliquus. Ph.D. Dissertation, Michigan State University.
|A. Organic chemistry is the study of carbon compounds||Environmental chemistry – I|
|教科書為Advanced Organic Chemistry: Part B: Reaction and Synthesis (Advanced Organic Chemistry / Part B: Reactions and Synthesis)||Литература. Андруз Дж., П. Бримблекумб, Т. Джикелз, П. Лисс. Введение в химию окружающей среды = An introduction to environmental chemistry: пер с англ|
Андруз Дж., П. Бримблекумб, Т. Джикелз, П. Лисс. Введение в химию окружающей среды = An introduction to environmental chemistry:...
|Cellular Toxicology is the third tutorial on toxicology produced by the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program of the National Library of||Toxicology Tutor II is the second of three toxicology tutorials being produced by the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program of the National|
|Volcanology, environmental remote sensing, and atmospheric chemistry||Chem 6v39: Organic Electronics (Special Topics in Organic Chemistry)|
|Analytical chemistry : a modern approach to analytical science / edited by J. M. Mermet, M||Faq on the paper: Biotic Self-purification of Aquatic Ecosystems|
Остроумов С. А. О биотическом самоочищении водных экосистем. Элементы теории. Дан. Доклады академии наук